The development team at Applied Software is pleased to announce that 360 Sync 2.12.0 has been officially released to the web (RTW). It can be downloaded from the following link: https://www.asti.com/support/download/.
Easy to set up and run, 360 Sync, developed by Applied Software, allows Revit users to automatically update and sync Autodesk BIM 360 libraries on a computer or server. When the sync is finished, the user is automatically emailed with a notification that the process is complete. File libraries can be migrated to or from BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Build – in fact anything BIM 360.
The new features and enhancements include:
- 360 Sync now supports the option of being licensed as a “Lite” version, with only select functionality enabled.
- Clutter has been removed from the configuration user interface.
- User experience and usability enhancements have been added:
- No more “press enter to continue” when opening 360 Sync;
- Simplified user interface – no more “license” in the middle;
- Disabled connections are no longer selectable from the user interface.
Several issues have been addressed, including:
- Synchronizations to Autodesk BIM 360 Docs no longer attempt to synchronize unsupported file types to the “Plans” folder. Only the following file types are supported as per the Autodesk BIM 360 documentation: DWF, DWFX, DWG, IFC, PDF, and RVT.
- Synchronization from the “BIM 360 HQ” hub now correctly downloads Revit files that contain linked models as a zip file.
- Configuration Names will no longer allow invalid characters.
- The unhandled exception related to “BIM 360 HQ” has been resolved.
- The issue has been resolved for editing an existing Procore configuration, which previously would cause the existing folder location to reset to “empty.”
One of the most wearisome and unpopular workflows for a project manager can be handling data, especially the same data in multiple locations: downloading files, updating the server, updating the document management system, updating BIM 360, and emailing the team. Using 360 Sync can ease that frustration. Choose a location, and 360 Sync can connect to and move files to or from that location, saving time and eliminating the need to enter data twice or more for separate notifications or in separate tracking ledgers/spreadsheets. If it’s time for your team to simplify the multiple-data-entry workflow, contact Applied Software today for a demo of 360 Sync.