Every once in a while, 360 Sync requires some troubleshooting, and with this blog series we continue to document and resolve a few typical problems. With an overview of typical error messages, you can easily solve minor issues on your own.
The user is unable to log into BIM 360, Procore, SharePoint, or any of the other data sources that 360 Sync utilizes API calls. The User gets a (403) Access Denied error, or the user is unable to log in and create or modify a sync configuration altogether.
Explanation: the Internet Explorer conundrum
The problem with most of the APIs (application programming interfaces) out there is that they were built when Internet Explorer (IE) was the most popular browser. So, whenever application data or background files are used with 360 Sync, they likely go into a repository in Internet Explorer.
Also, because of that, 360 Sync users sometimes need to modify a few settings in IE that prevent 360 Sync from working properly.
There are two things that need to be done to solve this access error. We need to delete some cache data in 360 Sync and also in Internet Explorer.
A) 360 Sync –
The first thing we have to do is delete the UserConnectionData.xml file inside 360 Sync. Here’s how to do that:
- Open 360 Sync and click the Tools button in the top left corner.
- Select “Open Application Folder”.
- When the folder opens, scroll down to the bottom and click on the UserConnectionData.xml .
- Delete that file and close 360 Sync.
B) Internet Explorer –
Once we’ve deleted the UserConnectionData.xml file, we can now fix IE.
- Open IE and click on the gear in the top right corner.
- Select Internet Options.
- When the Internet Options menu pops up, click on the General tab.
- Make sure “Delete Browsing History on Exit” is selected.
- Next, click on the Privacy Tab and make sure the Pop-up Blocker button is unchecked – if it’s checked, uncheck it.
- Now click on the Advanced Tab and scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- Make sure that all of the TLS boxes are checked (except for TSL 1.3).
Contact Applied Software today and sign up for a demo of 360 Sync. Find out how using 360 Sync can help you save time and manage your data better between your server and select point solutions. Demo and setup of 360 Sync are quick and straightforward: it will take 30 minutes or less to implement 360 Sync within your company.