BIM 360 Build is used by contractors and construction project teams for project execution in the field. Build is focused on quality and safety, progress tracking and work coordination. This cloud-based construction project management solution connects project information and workflows, keeping the office and field teams in sync. Build combines mobile technologies for onsite data collection with cloud-based collaboration and reporting so you can manage quality, safety, project controls, and commissioning.
The Applied Software technical team offers an Up and Ready service to jump start your company’s use of BIM 360 Build. These foundational services include:
- Admin training.
- End user training.
- Remote support and mentoring.
The Up and Ready schedule typically requires three days for discovery, planning, admin training, and end user training.
Applied Software will facilitate a conference call with the executive sponsors, project management and extended field team to walk through the BIM 360 Build implementation process. Attendance will include core project management and field staff members. The deployment kickoff will review and outline the following project planning requirements:
- Review customer expectations for the implementation.
- Review expectations for the services.
- BIM 360 document management overview.
- BIM 360 Build overview and project requirements.
- Define timeline and project implementation schedule.
The admin training session arms project administrators with the skills they will need to create and set up projects, invite users and establish permissions and workflows in BIM 360. It is designed for project administrators specifically. Using a collaborative process, the team’s workflows and processes will be mapped to the capabilities of the system. In addition, you will have a working project template to use on future projects, making new project startups in BIM 360 Build fast, easy and user friendly.
Project administrators should have access and/or knowledge of the following project content:
- Project drawings and specifications.
- Standard checklist templates for QA, safety and commissioning inspections.
- Project BIM files.
- Standard project reports.
- Standard company best practices and operating procedures.
End User Training
This second training session will walk end users and project administrators through the typical workflows involved with a BIM 360 project. This session, designed specifically for a group of up to twelve project administrators and end users, focuses on:
- End user training on mobile devices for all licensed users who will be using the mobile app to perform field workflows. Following the training session, the team will spend time in the field practicing.
- End user training on the web for all licensed users who will be using the web interface to perform workflows in BIM 360 Build. Users who will need to configure and analyze project data via project reports and dashboards should also be in attendance.
Ongoing Support and Mentoring
An important feature of the Up and Ready service is the ongoing support and mentoring for project team members and administrators as needed. Support includes assistance with day to day use and maintenance of BIM 360 Build accounts, as well as user management. Applied will also help in working with Autodesk to resolve any account issues which may arise pertaining to the use of BIM 360 Build projects and data. Support and mentoring are conducted remotely and provided for 30 days upon the commencement of training.
BIM 360 collaboration is one of the hottest trends in the industry today. Sure, you can go it alone and implement BIM 360 Build. But why spend the time and take a hit to your productivity experimenting with the best way to do that? The expert help is here for you to get Up and Ready and back to productive work quickly. To learn more about the BIM 360 Build Up and Ready service, call Applied Software today and talk to a BIM 360 expert.