“A software problem has caused […] to close unexpectedly”
After installing an Autodesk product, it fails to launch, crashes and will show the below error window:
A software problem has caused […] to close unexpectedly.
This error can occur because of the following:
- The installation of the product was corrupt
- Windows OS is not up-to-date with Windows updates
- The product itself is not up-to-date with the latest product updates
- Graphics card is out-of-date
- Computer does not meet the minimum hardware requirements
- External Graphics Card (eGPU) is connected through a docking station to a laptop.
Follow the below steps:
- Install all available Windows updates.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the latest updates available for the Autodesk product. Find them in the Autodesk Account under Product Updates.
- Update the graphics card’s driver. Refer to the specific card’s manufacturer for the most recent drivers.
- If using an eGPU through a docking station to a laptop, install all driver updates for the laptop and docking station. If it is still an issue, the eGPU needs to be connected directly to the laptop, and not go through a docking station.
- Launch the software.
If the issue persists, Perform a Clean Uninstall. Then reinstall the software and follow steps 3-5 above.