BIM for Project Managers
February 25 - February 26
One event on February 25, 2019 at 12:00am
This class covers the essential knowledge a project manager should have to manager projects that are designed, delivered and constructed using Building Information Modeling tools, including Autodesk® Revit. A project manager must know the differences between CAD and BIM and how to harness the power of BIM and the opportunities it creates for better design, collaboration, coordination and delivery. Learn to set and manage expectations in proportion to the scope of services provided. Students will be introduced to the concepts of Building Information Modeling and the tools for parametric design and documentation.
- Become familiar with the concepts and benefits of Building Information Modeling
- Understand the fundamental concepts and features of Autodesk Revit Architecture.
- Use the Parametric 3D design tools to start designing projects.
- Use the automated tools for project documentation.
- Develop an initial level of comfort and confidence with Autodesk Revit Architecture through hands-on experience.
- Know how to use Revit Architecture in a typical workflow.