- This event has passed.
Revit for Fabrication
December 10, 2018 - December 14, 2018
One event on February 25, 2019 at 12:00am
One event on April 15, 2019 at 12:00am
One event on June 24, 2019 at 12:00am
One event on August 19, 2019 at 12:00am
One event on July 22, 2019 at 12:00am
This live, instructor led online class covers the basics of Autodesk Revit MEP with a strong focus on MEP Fabrication. Students will learn about proper project setup, be introduced to the differences between Fabrication Services and Revit MEP Systems, and understand the Revit work-sharing process using central files. Navigation and control of Revit Views will be explained. Students will also learn how to place and work with the LOD 400 content, called Fabrication Items, from the Autodesk Fabrication products (Fabrication CADmep, ESTmep, and CAMduct) within Revit MEP to create coordinated fabrication-intent models.
- Become familiar with the unique aspects Revit brings to Building Information Modeling
- Understand the fundamental concepts and features of Autodesk Revit MEP
- Use Revit to design projects and convert to Fabrication for estimating, detailing, and spooling
- Use the automated documenting tools for projects
- Develop an initial level of comfort and confidence with Autodesk Revit MEP through learning the terminology and hands-on experience
- Create an accurate model for detailing within MEP construction firms that reflects the intended installation
- Learn the process of exchanging models with Autodesk Fabrication products