Bluebeam Revu 2019 has three different versions that are designed to meet users’ specific needs. Whether you are focused mainly on using the PDF markups feature or you are a power user that wants to use Revu for complex automated processes, there is an edition of Bluebeam Revu that is right for you. The Bridging the Gap episode “A Step Ahead with Bluebeam,” looks at ways Revu can streamline your work life and simplify your processes.
When choosing among Revu Standard, CAD and eXtreme, it is important to consider which features are most important to you.
Revu Standard is a solution designed for 2D and 3D PDF markup, editing and collaboration. For an example of how Revu can streamline processes, see “The Revu of Two Cities.” Revu Standard is best for contractors, owners and estimators who require only the core features of Revu. Its key features include:
- 2D and 3D PDF Markup: Redline PDFs with customizable markups.
- Markups List: Track all annotation data in a simple and customizable list.
- Tool Chest: Save and share custom tools based on your workflows.
- Sets: View and navigate an unlimited number of various source files as a single document in a single tab.
- Measurement Tools: Take faster and more accurate calculations from your PDFs.
Revu CAD is a solution designed specifically for CAD users that includes smart plugins for 2D and 3D PDF creation. Revu Standard is best for design professionals, such as architects or engineers, who require the additional plugin functionality to complement their favorite CAD software. It includes all Revu standard features as well as:
- Plugins for 2D PDFs: Create PDFs from AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, Navisworks Manage, Navisworks Simulate, and SketchUp Pro.
- Plugins for 3D PDFs: Create PDFs from Revit, Navisworks Manage, Navisworks Simulate, SketchUp Pro, and any IFC file.
- Batch Creation: Convert an unlimited number of files from CAD programs and apply stamps, cover sheets, headers, footers. and more.
Revu eXtreme is the robust solution built for power users who want to automate complex processes and push the limits of document collaboration. As described in the Applied Software blog article “What Sets Bluebeam Revu eXtreme Apart?”, Revu eXtreme is best for power users looking to automate complex processes, whether they’re architects, engineers, contractors, or estimators. It includes all Revu Standard features and Revu CAD features, as well as:
- Automatic Form Creation: Automatically create PDF forms from scanned or digital documents.
- Batch Link®: Automatically generate unlimited hyperlinks based on file name, page label or page region.
- Batch Slip Sheet: Automatically match new revisions with their corresponding current sheets and carry over all markup data.
- OCR: Transform scanned PDFs into text-searchable and selectable files.
- Batch Sign and Seal: Quickly apply a digital signature or professional seal across a batch of multiple files.
- Quantity Link: Seamlessly link measurement totals from multiple PDFs to Excel®.
Are you interested in taking your projects to the next level? Try Bluebeam Revu eXtreme for yourself with a full working version on a 30-day free trial. If you find that eXtreme has too much horsepower for your team, you can test drive Revu Standard or Revu CAD. Take the opportunity to see firsthand how Revu enables increased collaboration and will help you get more done in less time. When it’s time to convert that 30-day trial to a subscription or perpetual license, contact Applied Software and talk to a Bluebeam expert about your firm’s specific needs.