Creating and Reporting Custom Data
Have you ever needed to add custom information to an item and use it in a report? Here is a quick How-To on creating Custom Item Data and reporting this information. This also applies to Custom Job Data.
- Located in the Main Database, click on Takeoff>Custom Data.
- Under Custom Item Data, click on the green button to create a new field. Notice that the ID number automatically increments up to the next number. Fill out the Description name.
- Click OK.
- If you do not see the custom data applied to the item, you will need to add this to the item information. There is a detailed summary of how to do this in the help file. Do a search for custom data, click here if you need help accessing the help file.
- Now that the custom data has been added to the item information, open the Item Report Builder.
- For this example, I created a new Item Report only using Item Custom Data Field and Job Custom Data Field.
- Under Table, select Item Custom Data Field. Under the Contents tab, enable Display data for index#. Notice when this enabled, the Description changes. Use the up and down arrows to change the index number. When cycling through the index number, the Description will reflect the ID number of the Custom Item Data that was created in step 2.
- Select the Print Preview button to preview the report.