Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Fab Value Pack?
– The Value Pack offers additional Fabrication content, services, and functionality to help our customers more quickly and efficiently implement the Autodesk Fabrication products. Users benefit from preconfigured settings, templates, services, reports, and more which are appropriately designed for the United States.
What is included in the Value Pack?
The ASTI Fabrication Imperial Configuration is used with Fabrication CADmep, Fabrication ESTmep, Fabrication CAMduct, and Autodesk Revit. Dozens of the most commonly used services and thousands of typical Fabrication Items are included.
Our customers report that it contains about 80-85% of the most commonly needed services and Items for commercial and institutional projects.
All of the content is unlocked which enables you to quickly and easily modify as needed for new jobs.
Harrison pricing codes are on all Items for costing updates with that pricing service. With proof of your SMACNA membership, we also include fabrication and installation data for estimating.
The Pipe Rack Calculator tool for Fabrication CADmep. This handy reference app works within CADmep to quickly and easily enable piping and plumbing designers to correctly space pipes on hangers and racks with standard clearances.
FABsync provides version control of centralized fabrication databases replicated in multiple office locations or for personnel headed out to the field, using typical file sharing services such as Dropbox,
Autodesk A360, or Box. You can maintain control of your database while providing users with exactly what they need.
Exactly what services and items are included?
– A comprehensive list of the included Fabrication services and content is available from ASTI. Fill out the form below for more information!
How is the Value Pack sold and what does it cost?
– The Value Pack is a one-time fee for each unique Fabrication station (CADmep, ESTmep, CAMduct, or Revit) accessing the contents. This is not a managed service offering and no annual fees are required. Because the contents are unlocked, you are free to modify and enhance it as desired. The Value pack is a great foundation for creating your own unique company database as it offers high quality reports, carefully created Fabrication Items, excellent services, and more.
What version of Autodesk Fabrication Products are compatible with the Value Pack?
– These applications are compatible with the Autodesk Fabrication 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions. Revit 2016+ is required to access the Configuration.
What about upgrades? Do you offer enhancements?
– Because the Configuration is unlocked, we expect you to modify it to your own needs. Installing an upgrade would overwrite all your changes. This makes upgrades impractical. The Value pack is a quick start or solid foundation upon which you build your own database. We do, however, recognize that some customers make minimal changes or they find our newest version better than their own. Contact us and we can discuss the pros and cons of starting fresh with the latest Value Pack.
What if I need additional content not included in the Value Pack?
– Our customers tell us that the Value Pack contains about 80-85% of the Services and Items they need for most commercial and institutional projects. The last 15-20% varies greatly. ASTI provides content creation training, as well as custom content, such as Service and Item creation, to satisfy those needs. Contact us about the custom content, training, and programming we can provide for you.
Why should I choose the ASTI Value Pack instead of other Third-Party content providers?
– Unlike a managed content service, the Value Pack has no annual fees. And our content and services are unlocked so that you can edit them as needed for each job. Although managed content has advantages, it doesn’t suit everyone.
Do you offer trials of the Value Pack?
– No, but the demo video and comprehensive lists explain what is included and we’re happy to demonstrate it to you if you still have questions!