iLogic Design Copy
Using iLogic Design Copy is a great way to copy an assembly that is set up to drive parts from an assembly by using iLogic code. The process to do this is fairly simple.
- Make sure no files are open in Inventor. The command will not exist in the TOOLS tab if you have any file open.
- Once the Dialog Box is open, you can select the assembly you wish to copy. All of the children of the assembly will be automatically selected.
- If you need this assembly design copied to a new project, you can enter that information in this dialog box. It will automatically create the project name based on the location you store it in. You can BROWSE or type in a path. Also, notice that you can change the filenames of the parts with either a prefix or suffix. Keep in mind that you will need to update any code that specifically calls out a filename such as Parameter(“Ladder Skeleton:1”, “Ladder_Height”) = Ladder_Height Also, you can force the update of the Part Number.
- Once you START the design copy, you will see a progress window. You can uncheck the dialog that allows you to open Windows Explorer to the new location.
- The command is complete. Now you can go open the new project that was created and open the new iLogic Design Copied Assembly.
- You may have to set/create a LevelOfDetail to see changes made if you are using any Frame Generator parts in the assembly. Hopefully you have created a nice iLogic Form that lets you modify the parameters that need to change.