Plant Innovation: Automating Navisworks Publishing
Part of Series: Plant Innovation
- Plant Innovation: Automating Navisworks Publishing
- Plant Innovation: Custom Properties in Navisworks
- Project Templates – An Introduction
- Building Assemblies to Simplify P&ID Design
- Syncing Everything Else in Plant 3D with 360 Sync
- Auxalia PlantExpressTools Off-Page Connector Manager
- Migrating Python Scripts to Plant 3D 2022+
- Valves in the Plant 3D Spec Editor
Automation can not only be a time saver for repetitive tasks, but it could also save money through your project, even future projects. Throughout the design process, clients need to see up-to-date 3D model progress so they can do process reviews, execute construction planning and schedule work.
Normally, the design process requires a user to publish a model to a Navisworks NWD daily, which can take 30 minutes to an hour or more depending on model preparation steps.
A project that implements automation can save $4,000 in costs ($50/hr) and $12,000 in billable revenue ($150/hr) in a month.
The following technologies are utilized in the solution:
- Task Scheduler
Applied Software has created automation that can be configured using scripting and task scheduler to publish multiple projects to NWD.
- Installation of automation scripts
- Script configuration
- Navisworks configuration
- Task scheduler
Utilizing automation for NWD creation not only saves project hours and money, it also makes the availability of up-to-date NWD models more consistent.
If you’re interested in an automation for your Plant design process, contact Applied Software today and talk to an industry expert.