Civil Site Design
Civil Site Design for Civil 3D
Civil Site Design works with your Civil 3D drawings, increases your productivity with intuitive design tools and then generates your Civil 3D design surfaces, profiles, assemblies, corridors and pipe profiles with a simple mouse click.
A better version of Civil 3D
Easier to use with Intuitive Design tools
Allow you to view profiles and cross-sections that dynamically update as changes are made.
Automation for Road and Curb Return Design
Automatically generate your Civil 3D design surface, profiles and corridors.
View and analyze your designs in real-time 3D
Used for error checking and presentations to peers and stakeholders.
Civil Site Design Features
Surfaces From Point Files, Point Clouds and Satellite Data
- In addition to your normal Civil 3D surface functions, Civil Site Design incorporates the ability to read point clouds directly with intelligent filtering. You can use the ground surface for design and to visualize your design in Model Viewer with the point cloud overlay.
- The satellite to surface feature will geo-reference your drawing and will use Google elevation data as well as imagery from multiple sources to generate a surface and overlay the image. This is a perfect option for preliminary design and for watershed analysis with HEC RAS.
Templates, Not Assemblies
- Templates provide an intuitive way to define your road, curb, sidewalks, pond elements and related grading strings.
- Civil Site Design provides a number of examples that can be easily configured to conform to your standards.
Automated Road Network Design
- Once your alignments have been created, you can apply a template and generate the design for an entire subdivision with a single mouse click. You can also create all of your curb returns with a single mouse click saving you hours of effort when compared to native Civil 3D.
- This time saving process creates an initial vertical design for each road, applies your default template and allows you to view plan, profile and cross-sections simultaneously. All are tied together so changing the vertical design of one road updates all of the connected profiles.
Interactive, Intuitive Design Tools
- The interactive design tools allow you to simultaneously access multiple windows of your design. You can open multiple profile views including curb returns and observe changes as a profile is updated. Same with cross-section views.
- The model viewer tool allows you to see the changes rendered in real time providing an intuitive perspective that helps experienced designers and greatly increases the productivity of new designers.
Real Time Interactive Visualization
- The unique Model Viewer not only assists your design process with real time rendering and visualization, it has a number of powerful analysis tools including line of sight analysis and reporting, automated line marking which can be exported to your CAD drawing.
- For those who want to render a design for visualization, you can extrude buildings, insert objects like street lights and vehicles and much more.
Cul-de-Sac, Parking Bay and Roundabout Tools
- Another productivity feature in Civil Site Design is the interactive cul-de-sac and roundabout network strings. These intuitive, form driven tools guide designers through the entire design process.
- Experienced designers can take full control of the design process making manual edits and controlling the design with their own alignments.
Civil 3D Corridor Creation
- Managing and editing corridors and assemblies is one of the most complex and least understood process in Civil 3D.
- A key feature of Civil Site Design is the automatic creation of your design surfaces, profiles, assemblies and corridors from the Civil Site Design model. Once created, users can edit their profiles, update Civil Site Design and regenerate your corridors.
Civil 3D Design Exchange
- If you are using Civil Site Design for Civil 3D, Civil Site Design will generate your profiles, design surfaces, corridors, assemblies and pipe networks for you. Never create or manage a corridor again!
Pipe Design Tools
- The pipe design module allows you to easily layout your design with simple polylines, will assign pipes and structures and will generate your network automatically.
- The Civil Site Design pipe designer provides a powerful interface that displays pipes in relationship to the ground surface. Pipes are designed automatically based on minimum slope and design flows. Obstructions from other utilities are displayed and color-coated based on minimum clearances. Incoming pipes are also displayed and will control the manhole invert where appropriate.