Work in a 2D or 3D Workspace in BIM 360 Layout
With LevelUp, working inside of a 2D or 3D environment within BIM 360 Layout is as simple as the click of a button.
The Red Button: Create 2D & 3D Views Revit for Export
Always start with the red button.
- 1. Click the Red button
- 2. Choose a View Template
You can pick an out-of-the-box template or the “View Template” we send with the Installer
- 3. Select the 2D & 3D views you want to create
- 4. Select the top of the view range for each view, and pick an area of the model.
The Blue Button: Send 2D & 3D Models to BIM 360 Glue
Once you’ve set up your views with the red button, you can export those views to Coordinate and create a merged model.
Export to Glue
- 1. Click the blue button and choose your 3D view and corresponding 2D view.
- 2. Name the intended merged model, and select the Coordinate project that you want to upload to.
- 3. Right-click and select the folders where you want your merged model, 2D and 3D views to reside, then click OK.
- 4. Finally, select your 2D view export option
A “View Template” RVT template that you can use is sent with the LevelUp installer
The Green Button: Export 3D Views to Navisworks
So let’s say you don’t want to use Glue, but could still see value in breaking up your model by level. Great! That’s exactly what the green button does.
Export to Navisworks
- 1. Click the green button.
- 2. Select the views you want to export as NWC to Navisworks.
You can select as many or as few as you want. You will notice that this includes data that was already in your Revit model as well as the new 3D views that the red button created.
- 3. Choose the folder you want to export to and click OK.