Autodesk Forge tools help in building apps that access your design and engineering data. Forge APIs can be combined with other software to extract more usable information from your project data. Forge apps integrate with BIM 360 products to automate project setup, manage directories and sync data to external systems.
First, Forge in BIM 360
You’ll need the help of your Account Admin to set up a Forge app. First, they’ll need to log into BIM 360 and navigate to the Account Admin page. Once there, they’ll need to follow these steps:
- Click on Settings.
- Then click Custom Integrations.
- Then click the blue “Add Custom Integrations” button.
- Once the “Add Custom Integration” window shows up, make sure that both the BIM 360 Account Admin and Document Management boxes are checked.
- Click the blue Next button.
If for some reason the Custom Integrations button doesn’t show up, click the question mark in the top right corner and contact Autodesk support. Ask Autodesk to add the Custom Integrations tab, which should take Autodesk three hours or less to resolve.
- After clicking Next, choose the “I’m the developer” button.
- Click Next again.
- Check the box at the top that says, “I have saved the Account ID information securely.”
- Then copy the Forge Client ID that your Applied Software product manager emailed to you. If you don’t have a Forge Client ID, call Applied Software, and we will quickly provide you with one.
- Name the app and App Description “360 Sync.”
- Click Save.
Next, setting up 360 Sync
Once BIM 360 is set up, 360 Sync is easy. All you have to do is Open 360 Sync and copy your Forge Client ID into the “HQ Connection Client ID” area. Then click “Set Secret” and input your Client Secret code. Click OK and then save. You’re done! Now you can connect to BIM 360 and sync your projects.
Not using 360 Sync yet? Contact Applied Software today to talk to an expert about 360 Sync and sign up for a demo. You’ll see how using 360 Sync can help you save time and better manage your data between your server and point solutions. Thanks to customer input, new integrations, features and enhancements to 360 Sync are released regularly. Demo and setup are quick and straightforward, and more good news . . . it takes 30 minutes or less to implement 360 Sync within your company.