Setting up BIM 360 in 360 Sync
If you’ve just purchased or are testing out 360 Sync, I’m sure you’re ready to get started. If want to connect to BIM 360, there are a few steps you still have to take care of before you can connect.
Prior to setup
Following are a few things you’ll need to make sure you have prior to setup:
- You’ll need to be the BIM 360 Account Admin or be working alongside the Account Admin so you can create an app inside of BIM 360.
- Your BIM 360 must have Custom Integrations enabled.
If it’s not enabled, contact BIM 360 Support by clicking the “?” in the top right corner of BIM 360, then select “Contact Support.” Choose email and ask Autodesk to activate Custom Integrations. This usually takes two to three hours at the longest.
- You’ll need to have the Forge Client ID and a secret code created by Applied Software. We can send it to you via email or set it up over the phone.
- You’ll need to have 360 Sync installed.
- The user who wishes to connect to a project in BIM 360 should be a Project Admin and added to the project(s) s/he wishes to move files to/from.
Setting up a Forge app for 360 Sync in BIM 360
First, you need to find your Account Admin and get them to log into BIM 360. They need to navigate to the Account Admin page. Once there, they’ll need to follow these steps:
- Click on Settings.
- Then click Custom Integrations.
- Then click the blue “Add Custom Integrations” button.
- Once the “Add Custom Integration” window shows up, make sure that both the BIM 360 Account Admin and Document Management boxes are checked.
- Click the blue Next button.
If for some reason the Custom Integrations button doesn’t show up, click the question mark in the top right corner and contact support. Ask for Autodesk to add the Custom Integrations tab. This should take Autodesk three hours or less to resolve.
- After clicking Next, choose the “I’m the developer” button.
- Click Next again.
- Check the box at the top that says, “I have saved the Account ID information securely.”
- Then copy the Forge Client ID that your Applied Software product manager emailed to you. If you don’t have a Forge Client ID, call Applied Software, and we will quickly provide you with one.
- Then name the app and App Description “360 Sync.”
- Click Save.
Setting up 360 Sync
Once BIM 360 is set up, 360 Sync is easy. All you have to do is Open 360 Sync and copy your Forge Client ID into the “HQ Connection Client ID” area. Then click “Set Secret” and input your Client Secret code. Click OK and then save. You’re done! Now you can connect to BIM 360 and sync your projects.
Not using 360 Sync yet? Contact Applied Software today to talk to an expert about 360 Sync and sign up for a demo. You’ll see how using 360 Sync can help you save time and better manage your data between your server and point solutions. Thanks to customer input, new integrations, features and enhancements to 360 Sync are released regularly. Demo and setup are quick and straightforward, and more good news . . . it takes 30 minutes or less to implement 360 Sync within your company.