If you have one nerve left and data entry is getting on it, think about adding 360 Sync to your construction industry workflow. Many project managers report that one of their most frustrating and least favorite workflows is handling data, especially in multiple locations with the same data. It can make you feel like you’re chasing your tail when you’re handling data at five distinct places:
- Downloading files
- Updating the server
- Updating the document management system
- Updating BIM 360
- Emailing the team
360 Sync is light weight – non-intrusive, resource easy – software that leverages Autodesk Forge and other APIs to automate the file updating process. It automatically updates Windows and BIM 360 libraries and can be run at the click of a mouse or set up to run automatically on a schedule. The goal of 360 Sync is to eliminate the double (or triple) entry of data at the company-wide and enterprise levels. Automatically update all of your projects.
360 Sync currently integrates with:
- BIM 360 Field.
- BIM 360 Glue (in development now).
- BIM 360 Docs, plus Design and Build
- BIM 360 Team [For an overview of what each BIM 360 product can do for you, see the blog article “Understanding the BIM 360 Group of Products.”]
- Windows – push data to or from your Windows computer or server.
- Anything that has a desktop client – meaning anything with a “drag and drop” folder on your desktop, ie. Box, Dropbox, Egnyte, Google Drive, ShareFile, also SharePoint and Autodesk Vault. If the files go to the cloud, 360 Sync can connect with that.
For a glimpse into how 360 Sync works, creating a sync is straightforward:
- Click on the data source. Enter credentials. Save.
- Set options that apply.
- Confirm the connection.
- Click on a new sync. Name it.
- Set the source. Set the destination.
- Link folders to a specific project. Name the mapping.
- Choose the folder to push. Select the BIM 360 hub.
- Choose the project. Choose a folder or create one on the fly.
- Once everything is set up, run the sync.
- Set 360 Sync to send you an email when the data sync is completed. It can even include a log of the number of files, how long it took, how much data was involved, and any errors.
If this sounds like more fun than a barrel of dogs chasing their tails, contact Applied Software for a demo of 360 Sync.Get a Demo