The Autodesk Assistant
For years the Autodesk Virtual Agent was an option for downloading and installing software should you not have access to your Autodesk Account. Recently the Autodesk Virtual Agent was renamed Autodesk Assistant. Autodesk Assistant guides you through all the steps you need for downloading.
Once you’re in, you’ll find the interface fairly self-explanatory, but if you need further assistance and installation tips, you can follow the steps laid out in Autodesk’s “Installing Autodesk products from the Autodesk Assistant” document.
To download the software:
- Go to Autodesk Assistant (a chat box will pop up on the Autodesk Education Support page)
- Sign in, if you are not already (in the upper right corner of page)
- Select the Cloud with a “?” (lower right corner of page)
- Enter Download Software
- Select Download 30-day trial
- Enter the name of the product you wish to download and select it from the list (i.e. AutoCAD)
- Select product and version (i.e. AutoCAD 2020)
- Verify that Multiple Computers is toggled and select each of the Download(s)
NOTE: If your download has multiple parts, be sure to download and SAVE ALL the parts.
- Once the download(s) are complete, extract the files using the first part (i.e. AutoCAD…001_00X)
You are now ready to install your Autodesk products on your computer.