For everyone who has adopted BIM 360 processes, it’s good to know that BIM 360 continues to be ranked among the top software products available for BIM-process work (Revit and Navisworks are up there too). Autodesk has a plan for future development of BIM 360 and shares that on its BIM 360 Roadmap.
There are seven individual BIM 360 products that can operate alone or in tandem, some during design, some during pre-construction and construction, and others post-construction. If you haven’t kept up with how these products can help on your next job, you’re not alone.
To grasp how all the BIM 360 products fit together, it might help to picture the BIM 360 brand as a collaboration umbrella over all. The BIM 360 sub-products work together real-time under a unified common data platform.
- Design – Multi-discipline team collaboration on Revit models in the cloud; co-author shared Revit models; track and coordinate deliverables (formerly Collaboration for Revit + BIM 360 Team).
- Docs – Document management for all project stakeholders; track activity; publish, manage, review, markup and approve all plans, drawings, documents, blueprints, and models.
- Glue – Coordinate multi-discipline designs across trades online or offline; BIM-process virtual design and construction workflows; entire project team collaborates to identify and resolve issues pre-construction (50+ file formats for workers in the field using various programs on iPads).
- Build – Collaborate on work performed during construction; track quality, promote safety, manage RFIs and submittals in the cloud using checklists (formerly BIM 360 Field).
- Layout – Free iPad app companion to Glue; field layout and verification processes; constructability reviews; connect a coordinated model to a robotic total station.
- Ops – Provides post-construction asset data to maintenance personnel when and where they need it (mobile); automatically migrates asset data and building models.
- Plan – Build more reliable work plans; reduce overproduction, excess inventory and task rework (cloud & mobile); track team commitments online or offline.
BIM 360 improves the process of construction by supporting informed decision-making throughout the project life cycle. BIM 360 connects the people, data and workflows on your project, so you can see the big picture and keep your projects on track.