What You Need to Know About Bluebeam’s New SaaS Model
In mid-September 2022, Bluebeam announced the move to a cloud-centric business model, also referred to as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Since then, there have been many questions from customers on what this means for them. This blog aims to give an overview of the transition.
Subscription vs. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – What’s the difference?
Subscription is a business model that allows users to access a product and/or service based on a recurring fee charged at regular intervals.
SaaS refers to how the software is deployed and delivered. Software hosted in the cloud allows users to remotely access SaaS applications on the web using their device(s) of choice.
Why Bluebeam is moving to subscription
Bluebeam aims to focus on giving customers the flexibility, control, and innovation they need to stay connected and get more done, anywhere. The older model made it difficult for customers to manage integrations, track usage, and maintain security. With Bluebeam’s new plans and cloud-based solutions they are better positioned to serve customers’ evolving needs.
Why subscription is better for your business
Bluebeam’s subscription offering provides users and AECO leaders the flexibility, peace of mind, and lower total cost of ownership with an “in the office” and “in the field” collaborative solution. AEC firms can better build, manage, administer, and deliver projects on time with enhanced productivity and a single system of record, including:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership & Cost Neutrality – Get the most value out of Bluebeam by receiving ongoing product enhancement and convert existing seats with maintenance to subscription at budget-neutral prices.
- Flexibility & Insights – Get deep insights into how your licenses are being used so you can select the right subscription package, saving you money.
- Ease of Use and Onboarding – Reduce administrative costs with named-user licensing and access to extensive onboarding resources.
- Bluebeam University and Enhanced Services – Access free training courses to learn key features and workflows.
- Improved Security – Easily and securely access work from anywhere through a single log-in (Bluebeam ID) or supported Single Sign-On provider.
Need help with your Bluebeam transition? Contact the Bluebeam experts at Applied Software, Graitec Group, a Bluebeam Platinum Partner. Together you can evaluate the best options for your business.
What does this mean for current license holders?
Migrate to subscription
If you want to take advantage of Bluebeam’s latest technology and cloud and data-centric offerings, you can convert your maintenance seats under an existing contract for budget-neutral subscription licenses.
For a limited time, you can do so with the benefit of no price increase over the cost of your current renewal. This means you will not experience a price increase for more than 10% per year. With subscription you will gain additional benefits such as:
- New web and mobile Bluebeam Cloud solutions that complement Bluebeam Revu on desktop. Bluebeam Cloud enables you to mark up and collaborate on project documents and manage punch, RFIs and submittals on-the-go.
- Enhanced services such as geolocational insights, user activity tracking, and revamped APIs.
- Bluebeam University courses included at no additional cost, a value of $250 USD/user.
Continue on Perpetual License for One More Year
You can continue to use your perpetual license and annual maintenance agreement and continue to receive updates. Three key points:
- There will be an annual increase in cost that will be assessed at the time of the subsequent renewal (no more than 10%).
- You will continue to receive updates for Revu 20 (while supported) and have the option to buy additional licenses until July 2023. Please note this will be the last perpetual license version of Revu 20.
- Maintenance will no longer be sold for perpetual licenses after June 30, 2023.
It’s important to note, if you have seats on non-active maintenance, you will need to purchase maintenance and have all seats on active maintenance before they can transition to subscription at no extra cost.
For an indepth review on the new changes and subscription plans, watch the recent Bluebeam Office Hours.